Named for Alejandro, Vega Cruz, AKA "Sandflea," the Grandfather of fly fishing on the Yucatan's Isla Holbox. The large frame Vega can help you spot giant 200-pound tarpon rolling in by the hundreds all day without weighing you down thanks to the strong yet lightweight bio-based frames.
Offering a bold, squared, high coverage 8-base wrap design with wide temples to block sidelight and protect eyes from the sun. Vega puts you in a veritable cocoon ready to laser focus on the task at hand. Bajío's polarized, color-enhancing lenses with proprietary blue light-blocking LAPIS technology cut through glare for better fish-spotting, while reducing eye strain and fatigue.
- Coverage: High Coverage
- Base Curve: Full, 8-base wrap design for light-blocking performance
- Frame Material: Durable bio-based nylon
- Nose Pads: Proprietary non-slip rubber nose pads
- Temple Tips: Rubber temple tips for no-slip fit
- Hinge: Flex hinge
- Lens: Polarized, color-enhancing, high def lenses with proprietary blue light-blocking LAPIS™ technology
- Lens Coating: Scratch resistant and oleophobic coatings protect lenses and allow for easy cleaning of salt, sweat and sunscreen
- Lens Material: Glass or Polycarbonate
Blue Mirror/Grey Base Lens are the darkest Bajio Lens. Great for fishing in bright sun.
Green Mirror/Brown Base Lens are the 2nd darkest Bajio Lens. Great for most applications in musky fishing and also great in bright sun
Siver Mirror/Copper Base is a medium light, high contrast Bajio Lens. Great for both low light and bright sun.
Rose Mirror/Red Base is a medium light, high contrast Bajio Lens. Great for both low light and bright sun.
Bajio goes to great lengths to make these glasses the lightest and most comfortable on the market. A long and tedious process was implemented to field test many different frames and lenses to make sure these are the absolute best available.